Sun, May 22|
200hr Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training | Monthlong Format
Establish the foundation of your practice or deepen your skills to become the yoga teacher you were meant to be. Our comprehensive certification programs are designed to empower, nurture, and support you on your path. Now with our online 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training, there's a new way to inspire.
Time & Location
May 22, 2022, 7:00 PM – Jun 17, 2022, 1:00 PM
Stockbridge, 57 Interlaken Rd, Stockbridge, MA 01262, USA
About the Event
Curriculum The 200-Hour Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training certification includes both a solid grounding in technical skills and the development of an empathic, intuitive approach to teaching.
Graduates of Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training are in great demand for their in-depth knowledge, clear instruction, intuitive insights, and ability to guide students to the experience of inner peace that is the true essence of yoga. Kripalu Yoga teachers range in age from their 20s to 80s and can be found in community yoga studios; in urban and rural areas; in schools, prisons, and hospitals; and at workplaces from the United Nations to Cirque du Soleil. Because Kripalu supports individual inquiry and expression, the places you find our teachers are as varied as the teachers themselves.
The Kripalu teaching model incorporates many tools and techniques that guide students through their own journey as a teacher, allowing each graduate to emerge with a tool bag of foundational skills and knowledge. Kripalu graduates are prepared to take their teaching career to a wide variety of populations and environments.
Kripalu Yoga Tools and Techniques
Your training starts with an introduction to some of the hallmarks of the Kripalu methodology, including
- A grounded approach to the ancient practice of yoga adapted for modern practitioners
- Natural alignment based on safe movements of the joints and muscles for all the asanas
- Breathing exercises and the philosophy of pranayama
- An overview of the ancient traditions that most strongly influenced Kripalu Yoga: Vedanta, Sankhya, Tantra, and Tantric Hatha Yoga.
As an approach, Kripalu Yoga emphasizes
- Safe alignment in warm-ups, postures, and pranayama positions
- Empowering students to determine their own limitations
- Off-the-mat applications of yoga practice, including skillfulness in action
- Musculoskeletal anatomy specific to the asanas and pranayamas taught in this program